My passion is stirred when I read reports like the following.
Few North American evangelicals see immigration as a missional opportunity?
• Most white evangelicals say immigration “threatens traditional American customs and values” (Public Religion Research Institute, 2014)
• Few think of immigration from a biblical perspective
• Just 12% of white evangelicals say their views on immigration are
primarily influenced by their Christian faith (Pew Research Center, 2010)
Our vision: to see “US congregations reflect the ethnic diversity of their local community, united in Christ to revel God’s glory to the nations”
Report from Eldon regarding Ethnic to Ethnic Ministries, Inc. [E-tem]
- · February: 2 men were added to the E-tem board, Jeff Burr, Pastor of Forrest Hills BC, Grand Rapids, MI and Larry Salisbury, SE Asian Strategic Coordinator of National Church Planting with SEND Mission. Both are active in building cross cultural relationships and looking for ways to expand our mission
- · May: Jeff and Larry began drafting an action plan for coaching churches to become multi-ethnic in outreach and membership to unitedly worship and serve Christ as one body. This will give more direction to the goals of E-tem and provide churches a program on how we can assist them.
- · June: Ruth and I attended the GARBC Conference. Interacted with several but the highlight was to hear and meet Nigel Black, pastor of Winslow BC, Sicklerville, NJ who gave a great study showing the key purpose in the Book of Romans was to show that Jews and Gentiles are united in Christ and should be in fellowship and ministry. Nigel is also interested in the vision of E-tem.
- · Labor Day week end [which marks 22 years since I retired from Lake Ann Camp] we went to Jacksonville, FL. Larry Salisbury took us to a home Bible study and church Sunday School Class. Both were multi-ethnic. It is interesting that Filipino leaders are successful in welcoming other cultures to fellowship together. We also visited a Kachin Baptist Church of immigrant people who were born in Myanmar. Larry and I then spent time planning for E-tem.
- · September: Planning for a Skype board meeting.
Join with us in prayer on how to Reach the Nations without leaving home. Churches are in the mission field.